Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Maymont

So I totally forgot to mention in my rambling blogs that I went to Maymont Park with three of my sisters like two-ish weeks ago. Before we went my sisters that were already there kept calling me and my other sister to hurry up, and when we answered the phone we told them we were on the way...we weren't. We had to go get the Mustang I was driving at the time washed at Flagstop, and we were waiting for that. So, they just thought it took us forever to get there. I really hate driving north on I95 once you get to where the lanes get tiny in Richmond. And then I've never had to go through a toll before on my way to Maymont but I did that time. Thank god my mom had an EZpass in the mustang or I would have been sad that I had to pay the toll. I think I went to far on the interstate. Then when we got off the exit, my sister was giving me directions off of her phone's GPS thing, and she definitely told me the wrong way. She took me to the Maymont like elementary school or something. I guess her phone thought that the playground was a park. Anyways, it wasn't that far off, we were only like a street away. We got there and I had never noticed the house that is actually in the park until that day. I think people live in there, I'm not sure. Someone also told me that some house or something is used in some TV series there, but I don't really remember what it was. We climbed up to the back of the bear habitat on the hill so we could get closer to the weird bear that was pacing the top of its mountain thing. I wish they were friendly, they look so soft. When we went down to where the koi fish are, the Japanese garden thing, there were some people doing like a weird little make-shift photo shoot. They were wearing clothes made out of duct tape. I'm assuming maybe they were like high school seniors doing some prom scholarship thing or something. I found a piece of bread covered in ants, and threw it in the water to watch a fish come eat it. We saw a lot of small fish too. I poked a fish with long stick and it got scared and swam away. There were a lot of turtles in there too. Finally, we made it up the big, hilly trail up to the entrance that we had came in to get back to parking area that we parked at. We sat in the gazebo and discussed where we wanted to go eat at. We picked some strange Italian restaurant that I don't even remember the name of and we decided we didn't want to eat there anymore so we politely got up and left. Then, we decided we all just wanted Taco Bell. So, that is where we went. We ordered so much food, ate it, and then we all split back up until next time. See ya later.

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you have a good at at the park with your sister.

    ReplyDelete